Saturday, February 5, 2011

When is it time to speak on behalf of someone wronged?

First They came...

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.--Pastor Martin Niemoller

Poignant words to remember next time you see someone who needs a hand.

See ya around!

2 comments:

  1. I have read this several times - it is so good that I coped it to my Facebook profile. Somebody has to put some food for thought out there.

    Your 'ole buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig,
    Reminds me of a quote from President Lincoln, "To sin by silence makes cowards of men."

    ReplyDelete