Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Maybe this is Church...?

As you can only imagine, I've been thinking a lot about church in recent days.  It seems to me that perhaps we have put too much emphasis on all the trappings that only look like church but aren't really church.  I came across this video recently.  It was just made a few days ago.  I wonder?  Is this the way church might just supposed to be?  I mean, with the church people out there among the other people, rubbing elbows, and just making a little difference here and there.  I wonder?  I wonder if the Lord wouldn't be way more excited about Hallelujahs in a mall than in a cathedral.  See what you think . . .

2 comments:

  1. I was raised in a Baptist church. I went to Transy and learned about religions and went to other churches. I came back to the Baptist church. I got married and moved away with my husband. I got divorced and we moved back to KY and back to our churches. I went to your church and was of the anonymous ones that occasionally shook your hand as we left on Sundays. You have a way of connecting with peope and it not is not because of a building. The greatest stories we remember about Jesus never occured in a building. It is about where God is in your heart and not your location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I so fully agree!

    ReplyDelete